I am attorney Robert C. Adamski, and I have more than 30 years of experience assisting people throughout Florida with their probate and estate administration matters. If you or a loved one owned real estate in another state, you will most likely encounter ancillary probate administration issues.

If you have questions regarding the probate process or what to do when a loved one passes away while owning real property in another state, contact my Florida law firm for a free initial consultation. I will answer all the questions you may have regarding the most effective and efficient ways to resolve your concerns.

Resolving Real Estate and Probate Matters

Ancillary probate administration is probate that is completed in a state other than the state where the decedent resided at death. This process applies to real estate only. For example, if a person owns real estate in New York, but lived in Florida, there would be an ancillary probate administration in New York.

If you are administering the estate of a loved one and are having ancillary probate administration issues, I can be of service. As a probate attorney in Florida, I have handled numerous cases involving the exact same matters and know what to do to resolve your issues quickly and effectively.

Types of Probate Administration

The type of administration necessary to transfer the decedent's assets to the beneficiaries varies with the value of the estate and the necessity to appoint an administrator:

  • Formal administration: For estates greater than $75,000, or for estates where an administrator is needed, a formal administration is required. A personal representative will be appointed who gathers assets, pays bills and conducts all other activities necessary to complete the process. The entire formal administration could take five to eight months to complete.
  • Summary administration : For estates less than $75,000, or where the individual has been deceased for more than two years, a summary administration may take place. Summary administrations are simpler and no administrator need be appointed. The court will usually distribute the property directly to the beneficiaries, assuming there is no conflict involved.
  • Family administration: This administration is available but rarely used because of its limited scope.

No matter what type of administration you need guidance with, I will be by your side to answer all of your questions.

Contact Estate Planning and Ancillary Probate Administration Lawyer

Do you have probate issues involving real estate in different states? If so, contact my Florida law firm for guidance. I provide free initial consultations in order to answer any questions you may have about the probate process.